Casa do Troco used to be the trading point for the surrounding villages. It was also famous for its long ballroom nights. Until the 1980s, old and young people from the neighbouring villages came to Daroeira to listen and dance to the music of local accordion players. But as the young people started to move to the urban centres of Faro, Tavira, and Vila Real de Santo António, Casa do Troco was closed down and abandoned.
In 2017 we started to bring new life to this historic house, not only as a holiday home, but also as a place for friends to meet, cook together, play music, and get together with local people. Casa do Troco opened its doors in summer 2020.
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Sleeps up to 9 people
- Central heating in all rooms
- Private swimming pool
- Outside dining area
- Several terraces with sun loungers
- Traditional bread / pizza oven
- Dishwasher and washing machine
- Wi-Fi via a mobile router (15 GB/week)
- Minimum stay 3 nights (5 nights in July and August)
Availability of Casa do Troco